Prague, Czech Republic
18 June 2015, 16:30
Download Meeting Minutes Here
|1. Reija Hirvikoski (FIN)||10. Linz Huang (TPE)||19. Tali Itzhaki (ISR)|
|2. Marketa Fantova (USA)||11. Aby Cohen (BRA)||20. Tina Klitzing (GER)|
|3. Rob Eastman-Mullins (USA)||12. Dinesh Yadav (IND)||21. Ichiro Takada (JPN)|
|4. Fiona Watt (GBR)||13. Beth Weinstein (USA)||22. Mikio Ogawa (JPN)|
|5. Inês de Carvalho (POR)||14. Yaron Abulafia (NED)||23. Sampo Pyhälä (FIN)|
|6. José Luis Ferrara (ESP)||15. Pegi Marshall (USA)||24. Miodrag Tabacki (SRB)|
|7. Steffen Aarfing (DEN)||16. Matthew Allar (USA)||25. Tuuli Ahonen (FIN)|
|8. Jacobus Lam (TPE)||17. Tom Burch (USA)||26. Lydia Chang (TPE)|
|9. Yu-Huang Chang (TPE)||18. Avraham Oz (ISR)|
|Members not present in the meeting:|
|1. Dorita Hannah (NZL)||4. Peter Ruthven Hall (GBR)||7. Sattva-Hanna Toivianen (FIN)|
|2. Kalle Ropponen (FIN)||5. Monica Raya (MEX)||8. Jorge Palinhos (POR)|
|3. Raisa Kilpeläinen (FIN)||6. Anna Sinkkonen (FIN)||9. Takis (GRE)|
Notes taken by Rob Eastman-Mullins
Addendum: José Luis Ferrara’s notes from the meeting follow below.
Some concepts expressed by the participants in their interventions:
- A time before MDF (Medium-density fibreboard) – Explore new materials.
Space is the main subject, you start with a space.
All the areas eventually come into space.
- The qualities of space:
....but there is no space without light: light space (as a concept).
- The way to communicate space.
- The experience designing for a modern dance company: discovering the
diagonal both in 2D and 3D: a changed vision of the performance space.
- The third dimension of space is movement.
- India: OISTAT pushing the boundaries Far East – another way of defining space
Can we work without technology? Going back to the origins of theatre.
- Giving a form to space: ..."it is about relations"
This group she finds overwhelming.....
"to make space visible to others"
- PQ as an example of a city "becoming" a conference:
performances all over – creating spaces.
- What would make this group unique? (That other groups wouldn't do).
- Schools moving away from professionals that are active.
- space vs. environment.
- OISTAT structure: slow, formal...so difficult to do things: as a group we can do things.